Want your straight hair to become curly but you don’t want to buy curly hair?
Follow these steps below to boil your hair to a curly masterpiece.
- Take a large pot of water and bring it to a boil.
- Add a few drops of olive oil and a palm full of conditioner to the water. Place extensions on perm rods while the water continues to boil.
- Begin to place the extensions on the perm rods. Your perm rods should vary in size from small to large. The larger the perm rod, the looser the curl will be. The smaller the perm rod, the tighter the curl will be. For short hair, start at the base of the weft or extension and begin to wrap the hair around the perm rod and close the end of the rod. For longer hair extensions, start at the end of the hair and wrap the hair around the extension in the same way that you would wrap hair for a roller set. If you want a wavy look, twist the hair before adding it to the rods
- Adjust the water temperature. The water should be boiling up pretty good by now. Adjust the water temperature down to a simmer. The water should still be boiling but not as aggressively at this point.
- Once all of the extensions are in place on the perm rods, carefully add the extensions to the water. The extensions should boil for a period of no less than two and a half hours.
- After the time has elapsed, remove the pot from the heat and turn off the heat source.
- Let the extensions air dry overnight.
- Once the extensions are completely dry, remove the extensions from the perm rods one by one until all the perm rods are removed.
- Shampoo and condition or co-wash the extensions before installing.
- Enjoy your new curly or wavy hair extensions.